1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
I went to vegas, atlanta, and helped throw a surprise party.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
let's see: my 2012 goals were to exercise, continue saving money, and get a better job.
I SUCCEEDED at: saving money by making weekly deposits into my savings account and putting more thought into purchases.
I FAILED at: exercising and getting a better job. all of the womps.
I always try to keep things in mind to work on for the new year and this year I hope to be more gutsy and just say yes to more things.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes. one of my jersey girls gave birth to her second daughter, my goddaughter, and my mom's cousin's son (did you get that?) also had a little girl.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
no. *knocks on wood*
5. What countries did you visit?
I stayed in the states but I did visit the west coast for the first time!
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you didn’t have in 2012?
this was my answer last year and it bears repeating:
a job that doesn't crush my spirit. I know, I know, here I am complaining about a job AGAIN but my current work place leaves much to be desired.
also, a boyfriend. again, I know. but I'm tired of being single, however, that doesn't mean I'm ready to latch onto any ol' schmo who winks at me.
7. What dates from 2012 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
june 9th - the day of my dad's surprise party
august 27th - the day of my dad's triple bypass surgery
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
saving money and reading 65 books in one year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
not exercising regularly.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
None other than your standard cold which kicked my butt.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
my iphone! yes, I'm one of those who willingly drinks the apple kool-aid and my fossil watch.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
my mom. forever and always, this woman impresses me on a daily basis.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
again, same answer as last year:
15. What did you get really excited about?
Every time I went out of town.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
"Call Me Maybe"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a)about the same
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
say 'yes' more to activities
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas was very low-key and spent at our house for the first time in about six years. We usually spend it at my grandma's in VA but decided on staying home and it a good decision. We woke up at a leisurely pace, ate breakfast, opened gifts, napped, and ate dinner.
21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
sadly, nope. but I hope that it's coming!
22. What were your favorite TV programs?
The Mindy Project
23. What was the best book you read?
Room by Emma Donoghue
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Little Big Town. This year, I got more into country music and thanks to pandora, I 'discovered' the group and their crazy good harmonies.
25. What did you want and get?
26. What did you want and not get?
a better job and to fall in love.
27. What was your favorite film of 2012?
I didn't really watch that many movies this year. However, I was really pleased with the Hunger Games adaptation.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26 and spent it celebrating in Vegas.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
having someone to share all my ups & downs with (yeah, I went there again).
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2012?
I decided to take a little more 'risks' this year with patterns. With the help of various blogs, I learned to embrace pattern-mixing and bold colors.
31. What kept you sane?
books, music, my mom, and best friend.
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
women's issues. With this being an election year, a lot of craziness was thrown into the mix, namely what old men thought should be done with and/or about women's reproductive organs and rights.
33. Who did you miss?
Same as always: my jersey girls. frequent texting and emailing is just not the same.
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
'Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.'
35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
no lyrics in particular come to mind but I've thought of my 2012 to be The Year That Wasn't.